Sunday, August 8, 2010

Visa: The Choice Card

Running out of Gas on I-15: 4 miles before Barstow
Service Fee: $45.00
$6.oo per mile to vehicle: 9 miles: $54.00
$3.50 per gallon: 2 gallon: $7.00
Calling Ken to call Tow Truck Co in Barstow: FREE
Seeing Tow Truck Driver in rearview mirror:
PRICELESS!

My low fuel light came on about 11 miles before Barstow. I can usually go about 20 miles when the light comes on, so I thought no problem, I will go to Lenwood exit get gas and Mcdonalds. Well, obviously I didn't make it......the hill was too steep....fortunately we only waited about 20 minutes for James to rescue us.....unfortunately it cost $106.oo dollars to be rescued and then I still had to get to a gas station where I filled up my car for $75.00!
The girls were able to get 32 oz icee's for $1.00 a piece, so they were ecstatic....however, I did know this meant an extra potty break, which did happen about 15 minutes before home!



8 comments:

KT said...

Oh.my.gosh! Funny post, crazy story. Brilliant idea to call the tow truck company. You know, I ran out of gas at about the same spot . . . when I was driving home from college. LOL

Bev Cobos said...

News to me that Katie ran out of gas at about the same spot! I still get a sick feeling in my stomach about you running out of gas. Is it my fault for letting the car run with the a/c on while waiting for you after the five mile hike?

Bev Cobos said...

Great post Janet!!

Janet said...

It was not your fault Mom. I debated topping the tank off in St. George but the gauge looked to be right at full so I figured I could make it all the way home and then the low fuel light went on and I was sure I could make it to Barstow! No Worries....all is well

JILL said...

Gave me a good laugh! Love that you took pictures of everything!

Manuel said...

I've seen that "empty" gauge a few times myself....its a SICK feeling it give ya !

Kelsey said...

That is so funny... taking a picture of that guy! We were all laughing our butts off.

Taylor said...

You were the one that took the pic kelsey!