Thursday, April 26, 2012

Chinese Foot Massage

I saw a coupon for a foot massage and asked mom if we should try it. She said yes, but then we went for the regular massage on Wednesday. Later that evening mom said, we should do the foot massage tomorrow. The coupon was for a 30 minute foot massage for $14.00. So we made an appt. for 11:30 today.

We walk into the store, it is very dark, mom can't see where she is going. They lead us back to reclining black chairs that have pillows on them. We lay back in the chairs, no one talks to us, two people to the right of us getting back massages.....then comes a tub with hot water in it, they place my feet in it, mom is next.....then they come back and the lady pushes up my capri's to just above my knees and begins to hit my legs from knee and then down and then the foot massage begins, sometimes referred to as reflexology. After my feet the lady picks up my leg and brings it to my chest and then to the left and then right then to the right and begins to punch my upper thigh......I am thinking, "I thought this was a foot massage, not exercise class, I wonder if they are going to do the same thing to mom?" Then she has me sit where my feet were and proceeds to massage my neck and upper shoulders. Then she asks me if I would like tea or water. I replied water of course.

Then mom finishes and the man brings her a drink. I am drinking my water pretty quickly. Mom sipping at hers, "I am thinking what is taking her so long to drink the water.?" Mom is thinking, "I can't believe Janet is drinking her tea so quickly. I can hardly gag mine down!" The man didn't give mom a choice, he assumed she would want tea..hahaha

It was a little weird especially since we didn't know what to expect and we were both glad we did not go alone. We would both again, maybe even tomorrow! An hour massage is only $20. We were to scared to try the massage for an hour today. But had we started here we could have had FIVE 1 hour massages for the price of Wednesday's massage....main difference; the clothes stay on at the Chinese foot spa.

1 comment:

JILL said...

I feel left out! Sounds fun!