Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Kelsey's Casts...

Earlier in the year....I had taken Kelsey to the podiatrist because she was sure that she had broken her foot....now of course I didn't believe she broke her foot but Kelsey was determined to go to the doctor...while there I asked about Kelsey always walking on her toes...She has done this since she started walking at 9 months old. I thought it was something she would outgrow...Anyway, the doctor said she has short achilles tendons and she can not physically walk heel to toe. If she puts her heel to the ground she is doing a calf stretch...can you imagine...always being in a calf stretch just to walk.....We tried physical therapy for a few months and the achilles tendon seemed to stretch while at physical therapy but she reverted back to toe walking at home. In May I took her to an orthopedic surgeon who suggested these casts... She would wear a cast for 2 weeks forcing the stretch continuously..then go back take off the old casts force the achilles tendon into a deeper stretch, recast for 2 weeks and repeat the procedure a third time.

1 comment:

KT said...

ouch! she's a real trooper.