When I woke up this morning my plan was to drop of the younger three at school and head to Thousand Oaks to meet a friend and help her study and go to lunch and then be back in Simi to help out in Audrey's classroom from 1:30-2:00pm.I decided to call a friend and ask her to put in a good word for me at her job Infinite Home Health. I called the Head Nurse and she said come in and fill out an application. The office is in Westlake and since I was already in the area I thought I should go but I was not dressed appropriately for an interview and I did not have any of my paperwork(CPR card, RN license, physical exam, TB test) so I drove to a friend's house and borrowed some of her clothes, downloaded my resume and headed to Westlake. I was handed paperwork and asked to fill it out. It started out with an application but then there was employee paperwork and a tax form, and I even had to take three tests: about medicare, their company, and infection control. I ended up being in the office from 1:00-3:30pm. The head nurse told me I could go out with a nurse to train tomorrow morning. I had to call Ken to help out in Audrey's classroom and pick up kids at 3 and 3:15. And I had scheduled myself a massage for 4 pm and didn't feel I could cancel so I rushed over to take care of that business(during the massage I missed 6 phone calls) one was from the Home Health Agency asking if I would like to take two new patients tomorrow on my own! CRAZY...but of course I said YES! and then rushed home to take two kids to water polo.(Ken took the other three earlier) I then brought Audrey home early from water polo(she decided it is not the sport for her) and we ran to the mall to get me some scrubs. Then back home to finish homework and put kids to bed. Thank heavens Ken bought Mcdonalds for the kids dinner. What a lifesaver!
5 comments:
Yes, what a day ! Its great you had the help you had and it all came together :) And CONGRATS on the job. Things do happen like that.
Well - you are prepared, you've trained, you've studied, you're conscientious, educated and know what you're doing. You've done it before as a student and had practice in the hospital.
Now you get to do what you trained for, "professionally". It may not be in a hospital as you probably prefer. But Home Health takes the same skill sets, just a different setting. Go-GETm Janet/RN :)
Congratulations Janet! I am happy for you and proud as well. You'll do so well and the people are in for a treat from you! Have a great day and maybe a little less crazy than yesterday!!
Congratulations and good luck Janet!
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!!
Wow! How exciting . . .
Post a Comment