Today I traveled 2 1/2 hours with our Stake Camp Director to look at 2 possible campsites for girls camp next August. It was a lot of fun getting to know Sharon the camp director. We had 5 hours to gab and there was no pauses in our conversation!
Last Monday 3 women went to look at a campsite in Ojai and they reported it was just gorgeous, beautiful, everything we are looking for. They filled out the necessary paperwork and then 5 minutes after they left the campsite they get a phone call from the camp and were told we are not allowed to go there because we have different "theological" views. Needless to say, they were very disappointed.
One camp the director was a nice young man and the campsite was clean.
The second camp the director was creepy and his reply was that costs extra, this costs extra and you can rent this and you can rent that, for an additional....and he even said, "I would avoid using those bathrooms they only have curtains and when you are using the bathroom the curtains touch your knees"
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
WoW, what a busy day you had ! Regarding "Casper" and his shot .....well - never mind - I think the shot he is getting is different from the kind I am thinking :)
I want to go to the one with the nice cabins... it looks like it has really frun activites... the problem is how expensive it is.
Looks like you are staying busy with your new calling!! Miss you!
IT IS JASPER
Post a Comment